Thursday, July 11, 2013

Morning of

Feeling very positive this morning. I was kind of nervous about her legs getting casted and molded today. Because she barely lets the doctor listen to her heartbeat at the doctor. Not only that, today is the reality of it all. I've been waiting for a call saying they were wrong, that she doesn't have blounts. But that was my wishful thinking. 1:45 today, this little lady is getting molded for her bilateral KAFO leg braces. And dare I say.... I'm excited. I'll post pictures later of the casting/molding. 

            Slept in a little bit today. 

       Enjoying my coffee outside. It was actually REALLY nice out. Breezy and cloudy. Perfect temperature. 


-heather

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! I just came across your blog. My daughter was just diagnosed with Blount's. I am curious how long your daughter was in braces for. We're they successful? Is she a "normal" happy girl now? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather
    My daughter was just diagnosed with Blount's disease at 19 months. We are finding very little information about it in Australia. I would appreciate any advice you could provide as we start this journey. My email is rebeccabrown5285@gmail.com
    I'm feeling a little lost st the moment with it all.
    Thank you
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete