Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 6

So, today was a little productive. I've had a few people tell me that I should look into Shriners Children's Hopsital. I called today, because you apparently have to go through Patient Referrals and Eligibility. I called and spoke to a woman and this is how my eligibility screening went.

Shriners: "Hi, how can I help you?"
Me: "I wanted to find out if my daughter is 'Eligible' to be seen at Shriners in Philadelphia"
Shriners: "What is your daughters condition?"
Me: "She has infantile Blount's Disease"
Shriners: "Yes, she's eligible. Let me transfer your to our intake coordinator"

Yeah. That Simple. So, I spoke to the intake coordinator and let her know that I'd like to speak to someone about AnnaRae's condition before I register her as an outpatient. She transferred me to the Care Coordinator, Debbie Armstrong. She was a joy to speak with, and didn't make me feel dumb, because I really didn't even know what questions to ask. I did a lot of "umm", "uhhh", and a couple "I have no idea what that means". She was completely understanding of my cluelessness. She works closely with one of the Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeons. She told me a little more about Blount's Disease, just went into a little more detail about the growth plate which is the "root of all evil". Well, I mean, that's what I got from it. She asked me to email AnnaRae's X-rays and pictures to her. I was just picking up AnnaRae from daycare when I got off the phone with her. As soon as I got back in my car, I started the email. AnnaRae was not happy about sitting in the parking lot of school for 10 minutes. Well it was that, or she couldn't reach her ritz crackers. I couldn't be bothered though, I was on an email MISSION.

I haven't heard back yet. I'm not all that surprised. I sent her the email around 4, and it's probably a pretty busy hospital. I'm hoping to hear from someone tomorrow!

On the bright side, I ran today. I've been so scatter brained and pre-occupied lately, I just have no time or motivation to run. I did 2 miles today. Felt like 8 if you ask me. I need to get my mojo back.

Thanks guys!
I took more pictures of AnnaRae today in a diaper. You can see the curve a little more when she doesn't have clothes on.





-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment